The Amazing Race: All-Stars Edition Contest!
// February 15th, 2011 // fun
Well, we’re just a few days from the Sunday premiere of The Amazing Race: All-Stars Edition!
I am pretty excited about this whole thing, but I am not completely in love with all the teams or their choices, but it’s still going to be a blast. Still, I am loving Flight Time and Big Easy being back, plus Mel amd Mike and the Cowboys.
Plus for the first time ever, it’s in high-definiton. It’s needed this for so long…if you think about all the amazing places they go…seeing all that in HD is going to be awesome.
Okay, below is all you need to know about the contest. I thought about making us all pick BEFORE the first episode, because we should all know the teams already, but I just ran out of time. Oops!
The All-Stars Contest
The object: Watch the first episode and then pick THREE teams that you think could make it to the end of the season, plus a tiebreaker (specified below). You can meet the cast for reference by clicking right here.
This year the prize will be either a choice of any one of my photos at a 12×18 print size, or our standard $25 gift card of your choosing.
Also, this is kind of big in terms of the game itself…but I may possibly throw out 1-2 mid-season pop quizes…like “Who do you think will go home the next leg?” and stuff like that. They will be worth points that can help you get something extra when you may be trailing a bit. Or increse your already gigantic lead (me and Jina last year).
So keep checking back every week for the recaps.
- Finish 1st on a Leg: 10 pts
- Finish 2nd on a Leg: 5 pts
- Finish 3rd on a Leg: 3 pts
- Finish a Leg: 1 pts
- Win the Amazing Race: 25 pts
- Complete a Fast-Forward: 15 pts
- Get Yielded: MINUS 10pts
- Yield someone: +5pts
- Last team on a Non-Elimination round: 10 pts
- Any time penalty: MINUS 5 pts
Additional Bonus-type Scoring:
- Bonus: 15 points for having the top3 teams on a leg
- If you lose a team in the FIRST week, you have the option to continue with only TWO, or take a -15 point deduction and choose another team before the second week of the contest.
- Worst to First: If a team goes from LAST to FIRST in a single episode, that is a 10 point bonus
- First to Worst: If a team goes from FIRST to LAST in a single episode, that is a -10 point deduction.
- Tiebreaker: Pick the first week that you think there will be a Non-Elimination Leg. There are 11 episodes, so specify which episode from here on out.