The Amazing Race All-Stars: Leg 1 and Contest Entry!
// February 21st, 2011 // fun
Okay, the first thing I loved about the premiere episode of The Amazing Race All-Stars was the introduction of the Cowboys and their awesome theme music. It makes Jina and myself laugh every time. There just aren’t many teams with their own theme songs…you have to be awesome to get one.
Of course, awesome is only relative. They weren’t very awesome last night. In fact, they were on my must-pick list before the episode started and plummeted all the way down to “Will ANYONE actually pick them this week?”
Just a few words about the teams. I would have been fine without the Goth couple and whoever the ones are that got the U-Turn and finished second at the not-a-pit-stop mat.
Mirna and Schmirna would have been awesome. Heck, even Rob and Ambuh (although Rob is busy on Survivor). For it being All-Stars, I think they could have done better. Makes you wonder who turned them down.
Also, wouldn’t it suck to work for this show and have to place thousands of flags, only to have teams pluck 12 of them and leave? “Ugh, now we gotta pull these all out…I just got done putting them in the ground!”
I love Phil trying to scare everyone at the beginning with “You think you know the race…but YOU DON’T! BWAHAAHAHAHAAH!”
Only to find out they just had to work for a clue and someone was getting a U-Turn right away. It’s still pretty much the same. Yeah, they didn’t exactly have a pit-stop, but that’s been done before. Nothing new there.
I kind of wonder if they realized the Cowboys were sucking it up, so they quickly changed things up to keep them around if possible.
And I really enjoyed Phil having to tell Mallory to get going.
Well, that’s it…certainly makes things interesting as far as the contest goes. Quickly again, here are the rules and you make your picks below!
This year the prize will be either a choice of any one of my photos at a 12×18 print size, or our standard $25 gift card of your choosing.
Also, this is kind of big in terms of the game itself…but I may possibly throw out 1-2 mid-season pop quizes…like “Who do you think will go home the next leg?” and stuff like that. They will be worth points that can help you get something extra when you may be trailing a bit. Or increse your already gigantic lead (me and Jina last year).
So keep checking back every week for the recaps.
- Finish 1st on a Leg: 10 pts
- Finish 2nd on a Leg: 5 pts
- Finish 3rd on a Leg: 3 pts
- Finish a Leg: 1 pts
- Win the Amazing Race: 25 pts
- Complete a Fast-Forward: 15 pts
- Get Yielded: MINUS 10pts
- Yield someone: +5pts
- Last team on a Non-Elimination round: 10 pts
- Any time penalty: MINUS 5 pts
Additional Bonus-type Scoring:
- Bonus: 15 points for having the top3 teams on a leg
- If you lose a team in the FIRST week, you have the option to continue with only TWO, or take a -15 point deduction and choose another team before the second week of the contest.
- Worst to First: If a team goes from LAST to FIRST in a single episode, that is a 10 point bonus
- First to Worst: If a team goes from FIRST to LAST in a single episode, that is a -10 point deduction.
- Tiebreaker: Pick the first week that you think there will be a Non-Elimination Leg. There are 11 episodes, so specify which episode from here on out.
So pick your three teams below!